Firm up, lose weight or to maintain current status are some of the reasons why people exercise. Again, with the New Year approaching, people are gearing up to begin some type of exercise regime. Joining a gym, riding a bike or walking are good methods for the body, mind and heart.
Let’s look at some elevations of exercising.
- Strolling is walk leisurely. Some calories are burned. Movement is applied to joints. If strolling through neighborhood various sights are seen. Some results are achieved.
- Brisk walking: Aerobic exercise is great for your heart and lungs and benefits the entire body. It increases metabolism, flexibility, bone density, and strength around your bones and joints. More calories are burned.
- Jogging /running: After some online research some benefits of jogging: weight loss, burns abdominal fat, improves appetite, strengthens muscles and fights insomnia.
- Fitness Classes and Cardio Classes: Both have the same benefits as above benefits, but you are sharing your triumphs with groups of people.
- Enrolling in marathons, contests and competitions. You have mastered a specific exercise category, now you out in the community, city or world showing others your accomplishments. You are being an example.
- Instructors/Personal Trainers: You have been educated in fitness, received a certificate or degree and now you are in the position to teach others about exercise, diet and health.
Taking the elevations of exercise, I will compare with getting fit with our Father.
- Strolling is compared to reading a daily scripture from the Bible, book or online. Or, viewing a 20-30 minute gospel program on television. The Word is minimally ingested. It brings benefits and results. You hear the Word.
- Brisk walking correlates with studying the Word. You are not just reading, you’re studying the Word by researching and comparing scriptures. A higher level of comprehension is achieved. Examining the Word is great for the mind, body and heart.
- Jogging /running matches with diving deeper in the Word. You’re analyzing words and phrases in Hebrew, or Greek or other languages for a more meaningful cognizance. You investigate other Bible versions such as Amplified, Living or New Kings James for clarification and comparison.
- Fitness Classes and Cardio Classes are equivalent to attending Bible classes, church or online Bible lessons. You are receiving, understanding and sharing the Word with others.
- Enrolling in marathons, contests and competitions equals to performing the Word. You apply the Word to your everyday life. You become an example to others. Showing the world you are the righteousness of God.
- Fitness Instructors measures with teaching the Word. You instruct and teach your spouses, children, friends and family members. You may not have a certificate or degree or doctrine as pastors, reverends or ministers, however, you allow the Holy Spirit to flow through you to educate on the Word. Now you are in a position to help others in their knowledge of the Word.
Let’s firm up and get fit with our Father this year.
Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. Proverbs 4:1 (KJV)
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. Proverbs 9:9 (KJV)